Steps to a perfect Spray Tan
Many people are extremely nervous about getting a spray tan due to the fear of looking orange when they are done. The good news is Mystic Tan products are designed to counter the unwanted orange undertone with an anti-orange complex that uniquely blends the perfect dose of professional-grade ingredients that play nicely with your skin. We have a step by step guideline on getting the perfect spray tan with our Mystic Spray tan unit.
If you follow these simple steps you will have a great spray tan and maximize the life of your tan. Sit back and relax and let us help you with your tan.
1. Exfoliate and shave the day before you do your spray tan. Giving your body a good scrub and a smooth shave will maximize the life of your spray tan and allow for a more even color application, keeping the color consistent throughout the duration of your tan.
2. On the day of your spray tan do not wear any perfume, deodorant, lotions, oils, or face-makeup. These products can create a barrier that will prevent the spray tan formula from tanning and decrease it's ability to adhere to the skin.
3. Before going into the spray tan unit, make sure you remove your jewelry, and apply the Mystic blending lotion on your hands, feet, palms, heels, and areas between the fingers and toes. This prevents those areas from getting sprayed and tanned. Optionally you can place one of our provided hair caps on your hair above the hairline to prevent the spray tan formula from getting into your hair.
4. The spray tan unit will step you through your rotation and dry you after each pass with one final drying cycle at the end of the session. It only takes a few minutes for your spray tan to be applied.
5. When your tanning session is finished, wipe the blending lotion off your hands and feet using the wipes provided, being careful to not touch any other parts of your body.
6. Wear loose fitting clothing and consider the weather. If it’s raining, you will want long pants, long sleeves, and bring an umbrella to prevent any possibility of spotting.
7. You will want to to avoid sweating, or getting wet, and yes doing the dishes, until your first shower, to prevent any spotting or streaking.
8. Your spray tan will start forming over the next 4-8 hours. For best results your first shower should be warm water, not hot, and do not use soap or exfoliate your skin.
9. Keep skin moisturized and hydrated after first shower. Do not exfoliate and limit shaving. This will ensure a longer lasting tan.
*Bonus Tip 1: Use an Accelerator! Accelerators will speed up the development time to 2 - 4 hours, which means less stress (see #7). It also increases the longevity of your tan!
*Bonus Tip 2: If you want an immediate glowing tan use one of our bronzers as seen below:
There are 3 different tan colors to choose from for you to achieve the look that you want.
Mystic Tan Video